Brigitta Both is an award-winning artist based in Barcelona. Her works are mainly about the fragility and unpredictability of all aspects of life and the beauty of infinite shades of human feelings. She works with various materials, using different types of papers, acrylic paint and ink, experimenting with mixing figurative forms and abstraction.
She studied fashion design in Budapest, Hungary and worked fifteen years in the fashion industry as a fashion and graphic designer. When living in Oxford, UK for nine years, she became interested in collage art, mixed media painting and photography, and began to make art as self-therapy. She is strongly influenced by black and white photography; recently prefers to paint in a minimalist, monochrome style.
She moved to Barcelona in 2015 where she had her first exhibitions and won the 15th "Premi BBVA de Pintura Ricard Camí" award.
- Blaue Stunde VIII (collective video art festival) Alte Feuerwache Köln, Cologne, Germany
- Premio BBVA de Pintura Ricard Camí (collective exhibition), Centre Cultural Terrassa, Terrassa, Spain
- Fragile (solo exhibition), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Pas a pas (collective exhibition), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- One Collage - One Song (solo exhibition and concert with Professor Nazneen Rahman), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Fearless (solo exhibition), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Art en Femení (collective exhibition), Auditori Barradas, L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain