Brigitta Both is a Hungarian-born artist working across various different media. Aside from paintings, she creates collages, video art and photography. Interested in and inspired by psychology, her works deal with life experiences, complexities of one's identity, and connections between human beings.
Brigitta was born and grew up in Hungary. She moved to Oxford, UK in 2007, where she started to express herself through visual arts in response to the daily struggle she has been experiencing as an immigrant.
In 2015 she started a new life in Barcelona, Spain where she has been awarded the prestigious "BBVA de Pintura Ricard Camí" painting award in 2017.
Since winning the Ricard Camí award Brigitta is devoted to focus on her artistic career. In 2018 her major solo exhibition 'Monochrome' was held at the Centre Cultural Terrassa, Spain in conjunction with the Ricard Camí Award.
Prior to her artist career, she studied fashion design in Budapest and worked in the fashion industry as a womenswear and graphic designer for 15 years.
Although she has been captivated by contemporary arts from a very young age, it was not until she moved to England, that she felt the urge to express herself through visual arts.
"Having experienced loneliness and isolation in Oxford, like many foreigners who struggle to fit into a different culture, Brigitta found comfort in creating paintings, photographs, videos and collages. She used art as self-therapy. This explains why her works seem so personal to the viewer, perhaps sometimes even unusually intimate. Her subjects deal with our daily mental struggles, our desperate need for harmony, beauty, security and love in a world where these are not easy to find. Nevertheless, her works attempt to show that beauty is everywhere around us and the ability of recognising it can help us through the difficulties." - Dr Márton Münz
"Her works are profound pieces with a powerful psychological component that fuse the figurative and abstract worlds" - Antigues Caixes Catalanes Foundation.
Her artworks are in private collections in the United States, Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom and Hungary.
- BLAUE STUNDE X - ALL STARS - tenth anniversary (collective video art festival), Cologne, Germany
- Cheryl Hazan Gallery, (collective exhibition), New York, USA
- Connection (solo exhibition), N2 Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Art New York (art fair), New York, USA - represented by N2 Gallery
- Memento (solo exhibition), EART - Espai d'Educació Artística i Creació Contemporània, Tallers Oberts, Barcelona, Spain
- Cheryl Hazan Gallery (collective exhibition), New York, USA
- Context Art Miami (art fair), Miami, USA - represented by N2 Gallery
- Skin (collective exhibition), N2 Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Monochrome (solo exhibition), Centre Cultural Terrassa, Terrassa, Spain
- Blaue Stunde VIII (collective video art festival), Alte Feuerwache Köln, Cologne, Germany
- Premio BBVA de Pintura Ricard Camí (collective exhibition), Centre Cultural Terrassa, Terrassa, Spain
- Fragile (solo exhibition), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Pas a pas (collective exhibition), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- One Collage - One Song (solo exhibition and concert with Professor Nazneen Rahman), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Fearless (solo exhibition), Olivart Art Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- Art en Femení (collective exhibition), Auditori Barradas, L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain